Nonprofit VOTE partners with America’s nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote. We are the largest source of nonpartisan resources to help nonprofits integrate voter engagement into their ongoing activities and services.
Our goals are to:
- Provide high quality resources for nonprofits and social service agencies to promote voter participation and engage with candidates on a nonpartisan basis.
- Build lasting capacity for nonpartisan voter and election engagement throughout the nonprofit sector.
- Encourage increased voter participation and active citizenship, especially among voters new to the process or with a recent history of lower participation.
- Develop and evaluate agency-based models for voter engagement by nonprofit service providers, identifying the most effective strategies for nonprofits to incorporate voter engagement into their ongoing activities.
- Strengthen the nonprofit sector and encourage new civic leadership.
Read our 2012 annual report, Nonprofit VOTE 2012: Nonprofits Mobilize the Vote, to learn more about our work.